2.04.2006

Your Very Own General Update...


(this news item posted on February.04.2006)


Hello people that read about my life.

Here's some stuff from it

1,000 Cows:
I've been talking about my 12 years of vegetarianism for the last three months probably. But as of now, it has been officially 12 years. 1994 to now. Wow.

I gave up red meat about 6 months before that, so the fast food fascists haven't had Alex Mead to kick around for an age. Nyah.

Hair today, Here tomorrow:
So I had this plan for my hair (pictured). I was gonna grow it out until Opus this year and then let somebody cut it and donate it to locks of love and have people take a million billion pictures of me (like the last couple guys to chop their hair off at Opus), but, well, um, I'm really starting to get attached to it. It's growing on me... erm... so to speak.

So, uh, nevermind that plan. I dunno if I'd have 12 surplus inches by August anyway.

Myoozak:
So, I saw my friend Eddie U, who I had not seen in a while, and he came over to the house and hung out and I played some of my old computer songs for him and I think I'm inspired to start composing stuff again. Just messing about so far, but I think I will at least make some old stuff available online, if not make a bunch of new stuff.

I came out with 3 casette tapes in the 90s. And I had a great idea for a 4th one. I think I might remaster and reissue some of the 1st three on CD and then actually bust out that 4th one after all. A lot of the music for it is still there... hibernating on my computer.

Hows the Writing?
I'm still managing not to be writing any books right now. I'm very proud of myself. I am in the research phase of my historical novel. "Research Phase" being a fancy term for spending hours at a time clicking around on the Wikipedia.

Putting Your Financial House in Order
Slowly but slowly I'm clawing my way out of debt and stuff. Having my lucrative tire throwing job is a big help.

The Love Life:
Has me loving life.


Ok, DONE!

Peace
-Alex



1 comment:

Pen Names: justwhen, rachel said...

...my 12 years of vegetarianism...

Practicing nonviolence, eating peace. Love it. <3 <3 <3
Good for you! And the planet, and the animals!