1.09.2007

Time and time again...


Time and time again...

(this news item posted on January.09.2007)


As the Year changes on the calendar, so too does everything about my life.

One month ago I was compelled to work 12 hour days, and I was producing a weekly radio show. Heather and I each had a general awareness of some love eminating from the other human form in the bed, but we barely had time to share a meal and exchange a "Hey, How was your day?" before the daily grind would begin again.

Now, one month later everything has changed. The strike has ended at work and it's a struggle to even find 2 hours of real work to do at work. The radio station just up and poofed one day and there is no radio show, no interviews to conduct, no hours of mixing and editing, nada. I have a whole and unbroken 3 day weekend every week instead of spending Saturdays in a radio station Studio.

So, now I'm trying to negotiate the change of pace. Dedicating some time to my relationships with Heather and Beth was a given. We've been figuring a lot of stuff out. Sharing a lot of smiles. Heather has been making big moves in her endeavors as one of the foremost Natural Family Preservationists since the Allison Quets story splashed all over the headlines. Watching her and assisting her with that's been a really worthwhile way to spend some time. I've been looking out at my world wide web landscape, the unkempt array of domain names that look like an overgrown garden. I've been doing a bit of internet pruning here and there. And, of course, I've been making my way back to my writing.

The Problem With Earthlings. It's not a very large book at all. But it sure is taking a long time to write. I'm almost gunshy about tapping the keys on it again. Every time I've really developed a head of steam and gotten momentum on it I end up with a 12 hour workday or a weekly radio show or some such commitment or distraction.

Anyway, I should probably stop writing about writing and start writing.

...

...later. When I'm more well rested.

*yawn*



No comments: