6.05.2007

Well... That Went Well


Well... That Went Well

(this news item posted on June.04.2007)


Monday morning, back to the daily grind after a weekend of being a rockstar. All three performances this weekend turned out much better than I expected.

DanceAlive was an amazing time. Every time I perform with the Blood Thirsty Vegans I feel more and more a part of a musical family. We even had my friend Kush back from Africa to do his beatboxing thing. We danced like there was no tomorrow, and there were children everywhere and they all really got into it.

BeatFest on Saturday was also really good. Having to drive so far to get to it gave plent of time for me and Heather to bond with the ever gregarious Kirk who came to add some beatboxing to my words. It was a long wait to get on, and trying to do a poem with no music first wasn't really going anywhere, but as soon as me and Kirk mixed our stuff together the audience really got into it. It was a really fun time.

And Sunday night at the Bird House was a strange phenomenon as well. I can't ever tell if the people at the Bird House intend on doing what they say they're going to do or if they can get it together and pick a direction to head in. It sure didn't seem like there was going to be a concert there that night. But, I guess when there're so many people there in one house, they can clear a room and create a stage in no time and they know what they're doin. Rapping at the bird house with an impromptu djembe player was really, really, really well recieved. Those kids seem to really read a lot and know a lot and at least 5 or six kinds from the bird house have already read my books. It's a strange and wonderful and frightening place all at the same time, and it was a great show. The guy that came on after me was an absolutely amazing guitarist and lyricist.

Peace & Love
-Alex





<< Previous |

No comments: