2.05.2009

Barkeep's Daughter

Barkeep's Daughter
(Feb.05.2009)

Here's a painting I did a while back called Barkeep's Daughter. I have no idea what it's all about, but I know that I like it. I wanted to work on my story-telling abilities with paint. And I feel like there is definitely a story going on in this painting. Have no idea what it is though. If it's obvious to you what's going on here, please let me know.

So, after 3 years of killing myself for the man and working to make my boss and our customer as much money as I possibly could, I have been denied unemployment. New York State (in it's infinite wisdom) has decided to classify me as fully employed. Why? Because I run a website at AMProSoft.com and someone COULD conceivably buy one of my books at some point. Or a t-shirt. Nevermind the fact that no one (not even myself) has ever bought one of those AMProSoft t-shirts on the website and the last book I sold on the web was in 2006 or something, just the fact SOMBODY could THEORETICALLY buy something from my website... means that not only am I employed, not only am I full-time, but I'm all-time employed. Yep, I'm fully employed even when I'm asleep. 24 hours, 7 days a week, employed. Don't make any money, can't aford to live, but I'm apparently very, very employed every moment of the day.

If you're in or around Western New York tomorrow and you want to see me rap/perform, I'll be performing a lot at Dance Alive tomorrow. Here's the facebook event page http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/event.php?eid=49046561532. Really fun night of food, music & dancing. Dance to keep warm, dance your blues away, dance my blues away, dance because it's Friday, or...really, who even needs a reason? Let's DANCE!

Peace,
-Alex

No comments: