3.19.2006

Mar.18.2006


Mar.18.2006

(this news item posted on March.19.2006)


Protest:

Buffalo has some of the best protests. People who are standing in the downtown wind tunnel when it's 20 degrees out have to be pissed off. It's really not an activity for the mildly unhappy. I finally got to reconnect with a ton of old friends yesterday. I had felt like I just travel in different circles from my activist buddies lately, but yesterday I was able to free up my schedule, attend the Mar.18.2006 demonstrations, collect about a half a hundred hugs, sell a couple of my books, and read a brief bio about a fallen solder to a crowd of pissed off Buffalonians.

Being the Boss:

I was able to free up my schedule because, the person making the schedule... is me. Yeah, I've been at this job for 6 months. My boss goes on a 10 day vacation and the person tapped to take over is yours truly. Means a nice 10 day pay raise and a little more schedule flexability and a lot more responsability. People getting paid depends on me. That's spooky. So far I'm doing really well.

Performing:

So yeah. I wrote that new song. I've performed it about a million times to the audience of tires at work. Now it's time to take it for a spin and perform it for audiences of people.

With all of the crazy responsabilities of work, I am really going to burn myself out trying to squeeze all of these performances in at the same time. But, meh, you're only young until you get old. I am gonna perform my new piece about 3 times in the next 4 days probably.

Mar.19.20067:00PPoetry: Liz Mariani (open reader slots, I'll prolly read)@ Rust Belt Books
Mar.20.20067:00PSubversive Thearte (I might be performing with the Flaming Humvees)@ Hallwalls
Mar.22.20068:00PMass Ave Project Open Mic@ Mass Ave Project Community Center


After next week I'll probably be dead from exhaustion. Leave me comments while there's still time.

:)

-Alex



No comments: