5.21.2007

Writing Down My Life In No Particular Order


Writing Down My Life In No Particular Order

(this news item posted on May.21.2007)


Once upon a time I wrote this book. It was called How to Care About Humans and it was pretty much just the story of my life. Or the story of the life of a person that I used to be some three plus years ago.

Man, it was fun to write. I haven't read it in a while, but I remember it being really fun to read too. It was a bit easier to have a sense of humor about the world back then.

Every once in a while I work on writing a second volume. I've given myself a deadline that's 30 years from now. So, as you might imagine, I'm in no particular rush and long stretches go by where I don't write anything but these journal entries.

I have one rule that I make myself follow when I'm writing it. One year must pass before I write about any given thing. Enough time to make it past tense. Other than that I don't have to write it in order or write it all in the same style or anything.

It's really fun to see how my life goes in cycles. The people go in cycles. Right now I have all of these intense feelings about Heather and Christina, and I can use those feelings to write about the intense feelings I had about them a year ago or two years ago. My life is fun that way. And I'm reuniting with my Ice9 poetry family after a year's hiatus, so it's the perfect time to write some Ice9 history now that those feelings are being stirred in the pot.

For as angry as I am at humanity for what we allow to happen to ourselves and our surroundings, I have to say these are some interesting and fun times to be a writer.





<< Previous |

No comments: